Free Newsletters About Curing Yeast!

Enter your Email


More Info

Candida Yeast Infection Symptoms - Sexual Dysfunction

Candida Yeast Infection Symptoms

It's certainly not surprising that a woman with the multiple symptoms of candida yeast overgrowth would have little energy for or interest in sex.
 
Even if the inclination is there, frequently the pain from conditions like endometriosis, vaginitis, vulvodynia or interstitial cystitis may make even the thought, much less the act, of sexual intercourse unbearable.

There is little medical literature on sexual dysfunction and candida, but there is an interesting Australian study reported in the Australia-New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1999. It notes that was present in 21% of women participating in the study on vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS), an inflammation of the area around the vagina, frequently present in women with vulvodynia and often a cause of painful intercourse (medically called dyspareunia). When those women received long-term antifungal therapy, 71% were cured, the article's abstract says.

Candida Yeast Infection Symptoms
 
Despite the dearth of medical literature on this subject, it is no secret that women with candida yeast overgrowth have sexual problems.

Of the thousands of women who have contacted me about their candida conditions, a large number reported sexual problems beyond the physical pain of sexual intercourse, including loss of interest and drive and inability to have an orgasm.

Complaints have been multiple and varied and usually include fatigue, headache, depression, digestive problems and PMS.

Many of my colleagues have confirmed that sexual dysfunction often occurs in patients with yeast-related health problems.

I'll share a few of these stories in hopes you may find some consolation in the idea that a complete anti-yeast regimen can relieve these problems.


A TYPICAL LETTER 

In 1991, I received a letter from Loretta (not her real name), a pubIic health nurse who was writing for information to share with patients who had yeast-related problems. In her letter, Loretta shared her own story of her recovery on diet and antifungal therapy:

Over the past four or five years, I began developing severe PMS. A week before my menses, I became irritable, with little things upsetting me that normally would not. I was also depressed and had no sexual desire for my husband.

After my menses ended, the irritability, breast pain and water retention resolved. The depression, difficulty thinking clearly, decreased libido and vaginal candidiasis remained ...
 
My decreased libido was beginning to affect my marriage. I was just not interested in sex. I had no desire for it, which really caused problems for my husband. He felt l didn't find him pleasing to me, which caused him to be depressed. The old saying goes, "When Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy." This was so true at our house.
 
Fortunately for me, I was introduced to The Yeast Solution. I've been following the treatment program for almost a year now. With the diet modification, addition of vitamin supplements and nystatin, almost all of my symptoms cleared, except the vaginal candidiasis. Then I was able to obtain Diflucan, which completed the cure. I took a 200 mg. tablet for two days and have not had a recurrence. Finally, the cycle was broken.

Now at my house, everybody's happy, because Mama's happy. Our lives have most definitely been changed for the better.

MY COMMENTS 

Based on the observations of both professionals and nonprofessionals, sexual dysfunction (including decreased libido and orgasmic dysfunction) occurs frequently with yeast-related problems. And in many women, a sugar-free special diet and prescription and/or nonprescription antifungal medication help. 

Candida Yeast Infection Symptoms

Yet, as I have expressed elsewhere in this blog, such treatment will not be a quick fix and should be combined with other therapies that may include nutritional supplements, control of environmental pollutants and possibly thyroid and other endocrine therapies. Psychological counseling may also be of help in addressing this condition. To find out more, you can check out Candida Yeast Infection Symptoms.