Free Newsletters About Curing Yeast!

Enter your Email


More Info

How Can I Treat A Yeast Infection - Success Stories

How Can I Treat A Yeast Infection

Tabitha Vernier 

In February 2001 I received an e-mail from Kathy Vernier of Virginia. She told me about her daughter's long struggle with respiratory problems. Here are excerpts:

Tabitha has been troubled by sinus problems, bronchitis and recurrent bouts of asthma since early childhood ... She's also been hospitalized several times. Then three years ago, we took her to Dr. George Ward, a physician in the allergy department at the University of Virginia ... Although Tabitha gave no history of skin fungal infections, he prescribed Diflacan and it proved to be a wonder drug, enabling her to overcome her asthma and lead a normal life.
 

How Can I Treat A Yeast Infection

To get more information, I called Tabitha in May 2001 and with her permission, I recorded our conversation. Here are excerpts of the transcript:
 
My family doctor continues to give me Diflucan two or three times a week. It seems like I'd have bronchitis two or three times a year ... It would be treated with some sort of antibiotic. That would take care of the infection, but the cough would stay. I'd end up with a cough that would keep me up all night ... It just wouldn't go away ... That's how I ended up at UVA for allergy tests. The only test I showed positive to was house dust mites. Then I was given Diflucan, and within a week, the cough was gone and I'd had it for about three months.
 
In a message I received from Tabitha's mother, Kathy, in the summer of 2002, she said, "Tabitha has moved to Oregon and is doing well and has had no recurrence of her asthma. No lapse of her asthma or bronchitis."


Bolin Stumb
 
In 1989, I saw Bolin because of repeated health problems that included fatigue, skin and respiratory problems. Here are excerpts from a letter she sent me in the summer of 2000:

 
When I was 13, I had my first asthma attack. Persistent respiratory problems, as well as recurrent episodes of bronchitis troubled me for many years. Trying to find help I saw several allergy doctors in Nashville and underwent allergy work-ups, including skin tests. I took allergy shots from these doctors for a total of about 12 years. My health did not improve. In fact, I continued to get worse.


During the mid-1980s I took many antibiotics and a lot of prednisone. I was hospitalized several times and given respiratory therapy. I suffered from severe coughing attacks for many years and, in the late 1980s, I broke my ribs during one of these attacks.
 
As you know, I was pretty discouraged because of all of these problems, but after you put me on the treatment program which included dietary changes, antifungal medication and CoQ10, I was healthy for the first time that I could remember.

 
To get an update I called Bolin in September 2002 and she said: 


I'm continuing to do well! I take a maintenance dose of Diflucan twice a week. I tried cutting it down to once a week and I began to show mild symptoms, so I'm back on the twice a week dose.
 
MY COMMENTS 


Asthma, like many other chronic disorders, develops from multiple causes. Yet, I feel that any person with chronic asthma who has repeated antibiotic drugs and/or corticosteroids should be given a trial of oral antifungal medications, probiotics and a sugar-free diet.

How Can I Treat A Yeast Infection
 
I find that food and other sensitivities usually improve when the adrenal insufficiency and yeast or parasitic overgrowth are treated. To find out more, you can check out How Can I Treat A Yeast Infection.